
As I have laid awake many nights recently, too exhausted to sleep. Odd, I know. I think about how my life is going to change in the next couple of weeks. I will no longer have one child that needs and depends on me, but two.
I can't even describe how excited I am to meet this little guy! He already makes me laugh with his little schedule that he has and sticks to. I mean really sticks to. I know exactly what time it is at night when he is most active. He has been this way for quite a few months now and it makes me smile. It mostly makes me smile because he gets that from his dad. Garrett is the exact opposite; and as much as it drives me crazy when we need to hurry - I know he got his "schedule" from me - "We'll get there when we get there".
I can't wait to see who he looks like - his characteristics and especially his personality as he grows up. I can't wait to watch him and Garrett play together like brothers do. I can't wait until all the boys leave for a weekend of hunting (Ok, maybe that's a few years down the road).
When Daniel and I found out that we were having another little boy we were kind of shocked to be honest. We figured that everyone in our family that had a boy first had a girl next and that is just how it works. I figured that because this pregnancy was so different and I was so sick for so long - it had to be a girl. We were wrong. Boy OR Girl (it really doesn't matter to us) we are so excited to expand our little family of 3 into a family of 4!
The same day we found out we are having a boy we also found out that this baby may need some special attention during his life. Nothing is for sure and we wont know for sure until he is born. Now that we have known these concerns for a few months we have had time to be as prepared as we possibly can. The initial shock of potentially not having a "normal'' baby is gone. But the worries and fears are still there and have been weighing on both mine and Daniel's minds. We know everything will be just fine and we know that whatever needs this baby comes with being a "normal" child or not, he is with our family for a reason.
I am so in love with my little family and I couldn't imagine going through life and eternity with anyone other than them. I am so blessed to have my best friend by my side through everything we have gone through and will go through in our lives. He is the best husband and Dad I could even ask for!

5 comments:
love you!
What are they saying might be wrong? No matter what, it is so exciting to add another addition to the family to love and adore! :)
Heather, your faith is such an inspiration to me. You are an amazing mother. Thank you for sharing. I can not wait to see the pictures of your little guy :)
You are amazing! I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to see the new baby!
what wonderful parents and precious
Big Brother this new little person
will have. I can't wait to hold and talk to him.
I love you all so very much,
Great Grandma Cornwall :)
Post a Comment