
If you would have asked me 5 years ago, I would have told you what an amazing, wonderful, non-nagging wife I would be to one lucky guy – and on top of that, I would have told you what a patient, caring, easy going, extremely effective mom I would be… one day.
Isnt it amazing how differently you see things before you are actually in the middle of a situation?
Wow! I sure was the best mom in the world! That is… until I actually became one.
All those times I saw moms in the grocery store, at the restaurant or in church losing patience too quickly (in my mind) with their screaming kids and how prompt I was to tell myself that I would never be that mom. I would always have the right answers, I would be this great mom that my children would listen to and I would have the miraculous ability to be able to talk my child out of a melt down or better yet, the ability to talk them into reading quietly through church.
So after this wonderful reality check I received after becoming a mom, the only 2 promises I can make are:
1) I can and will only be the best mom I can be
2) I will try my hardest not to judge other mom’s mothering skills
As far as being this amazing, wonderful, non-nagging wife I speak of, that is another story for another day. But I am working on it!
Needless to say, I am in the process of building the white picket fence to go around my house.


5 comments:
Heather... I so needed to read this today. Thank you! I am stealing your two promises to yourself, and I am making them to myself today... right now :)
LOL. It's is funny when it isn't you. And then not at all when it is. great goals!
Heather you are a wonderful Mother!! I will be working on those same goals.
Heather, beautiful family picture, and beautiful thoughts on Motherhood. You are a sweetheart
All my love, Grandma Jodee C
You really are a great mom Heather...I know it may not always feel that way but you are :) Having some great goals is such an awesome idea!!!
Post a Comment