Friday, December 25, 2009

Congratulations! My brother Jeff and his girlfriend, Jen, got engaged on Christmas Eve. Jeff said he wasn't planning on asking her when he did, but who do you know that randomly carries a diamond ring in their pocket while snowboarding....... hmmmmmm. Either way, we are so excited for them - Congratulations you guys!!!



Santa did indeed make it to the Luthi house this Christmas!

Despite my best efforts in getting the very best gifts for Garrett, on Black Friday might I add, the only present that he even cared about was a $2.00 flashlight that I quickly grabbed while standing at a checkout line - not even Christmas shopping, I just thought it was a fun little toy. That's okay it wont hurt to hide some of his presents and re gift them on his birthday.

If you look closely at every one of these pictures you can see him holding his treasured flashlight:









Toys and gifts are definitely a ton of fun on this day and watching your kids so happy with the spirit of Christmas is so fun, but I can't help to think of ways to make this day more what it's supposed to be about. I hope over this next year I can come up with a tradition for my little family to start to help us remember why we actually celebrate Christmas. I love this time of year and love the feeling's that come along with it. Especially now that we have a little guy to gush over as he gets to experience all these things!


2 comments:

Manda said...

Hehe I love that his favorite gift was the flashlight and of course that was his favorite gift :)

Ama said...

Heather you always have cute pics on your blog. Go Garrett!